This is a great opportunity to manage the procurement for a number of Ingredients in a leading global FMCG business based in West London. Specifically this role will be involve the purchasing of sugar, starch, vinegar, barley, sweeteners and spices.
This role will allow you to use your procurement knowledge, along with your stakeholder management skills to develop key categories of ingredients, whilst working with some of the UK leading food brands.
One of the UK's leading medium size FMCG businesses and over the past years has been able to showcase this by being a key product in any UK home.
The procurement function has been grown over the past few years in line with the currently growing overall business. They are a dynamic team of 4 who are very hands on and those within the team have developed their key procurement skills by being allowed to express and take opportunities.
Based on a brand new business park in West London, they have an excellent atmosphere that is a good mixture between corporate and quirky, whilst still being able to drive high productivity and an amazing culture.
Key responsibilities of the Ingredients Buyer:
- Managing the annual spend around a number of ingredients including sugar, starch, vinegar, barley, sweeteners and spices.
- Negotiating on contracts
- Building relationships with suppliers
- Developing key internal relationships with other departments.
- Working alongside NPD on specialist projects.
- Gathering future spend profile from budget holders.
- Manage and understand the risk around prices changes from global supplier.
- Analysis of supply base understanding marketplace, key Global/European/UK suppliers, market complexity, and optimised deal structures to deliver optimum value.
- Tracking and reporting project benefits, with external reporting agreed with finance each quarter in line with budgeting process.
Ingredients Buyer's Ideal profile:
- Strong ingredients buying experience within an FMCG or Food environment.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong supplier and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to be 'hand on' when needed
- Ability to work autonomously
- Analytical mind set
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- CIPS & Degree qualified (ideally)
- £45,000 to £55,000 salary
- 10% Bonus
- A vibrant culture.
- Modern Offices in Chiswick, West London
- A number of shops, pubs, restaurants and bars within walking distance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76687237