Banking Lease Accountant
My client are seeking an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with experience and understanding of lease accounting and reporting.
This is a broad finance role with duties including business partnering with the Leasing front office to provide Finance support and MI relating to the Bank and Group Leasing portfolio.
Based in the City of London, my client are highly reputable SME sized bank who are seeking a qualified accountant in a broad finance role.
Overall purpose of the role and a summary of the main responsibilities (to include decision making and operational responsibility):
- Business Partner with the Leasing front office to provide Finance support and MI relate to the Bank and Group Leasing portfolio
- Assist / take on the preparation of Financial Statements for the Leasing Subsidiaries in line with IFRS for Group Consolidation including reconciliation to the Lease Managers Financial Statements
- Monthly close / reconciliations of the Bank and Group Leasing Portfolios including production of related MI (Bank and Group)
- Production of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Coordinating with external auditors
- Assistance with leasing VAT / Tax queries
- Actively contribute towards systems development, enhance the Leasing functionality and reporting.
- Participate in Impairments, end of lease, residual value and provisioning analysis for the leasing portfolio
ACCA/ACA equivalent qualified accountant
Understanding of and hands on experience of lease accounting and reporting
Operate with a 'Continuous improvement mind-set' to ensure processes are made more efficient
Focus on delivering high quality work in a timely and efficient manner
Keen to help others in the team as well as able to work independently
Strong base salary, excellent working conditions and bonus culture in a broad and challenging finance role
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76685794