Information Security Specialist
Working for one of the world’s leading Mechanical and Electrical / Facilities Management maintenance companies. Based in the UK they have a turnover of over £3.5 billion and employ a workforce in excess of 80,000 worldwide. With a presence in the FTSE 25 The company can offer excellent levels of job security, real and attainable career development and the chance to work on large blue chip clients buildings
They have recently acquired one of the UK’s largest and most high profile contracts. As such they are looking to recruit a number of key positions, including the one detailed below.
This is a newly created role for someone looking to develop into a more senior role. We are looking for someone with experience of operating an ISO27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS).
The Information Security Specialist will coordinate the operational information security activities that serve to protect the organisations information assets and information systems. The role will involve partnership working with the Group’s IT teams.
The specialist will provide support to ensure that relevant security accreditations are maintained and the interests of its clients are protected. The work will involve the successful planning, coordination and implementation of security controls (people, process and technology) to ensure that business goals and objectives are met within designated timeframes.
This role will be initially based in our West Bromwich office until early 2018 when we relocate to a new building in Solihull, near the NEC.
- Operating an Information Security Management System (ISMS) for the Central Government and Defence systems and processes, aligned with and interfacing with Group and Divisional/Customer systems.
- Ensure that the Training & Awareness Programme is carried out.
- Ensures that the ISMS content remains current.
- Carry out internal audits and facilitate external ISMS audits.
- Support HMG Customer Requirements.
- Undertake incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Arrange for health and configuration checks of deployed infrastructure to ensure configurations conform to the ISMS.
- Compiling regular weekly and monthly information security reporting.
- Maintains a forward schedule of all planned information security audit activities.
- Promotion of security standards and compliance
- Participate in new contract mobilisations to ensure certification of said new contract certifications.
- Willing to expand knowledge & scope into specialist security areas eg MOD Accreditation, RMADS etc.
- Ensure that security controls remain in alignment with good practice frameworks, e.g. ISO27001/2, Cyber Essential Plus, ISF Standard of Good Practice. Report on the implementation of controls and measurement of their success.
What we are looking for
- Experience of maintaining information security systems to maintain ISO27001
- Knowledge of information security, ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials Plus scheme and information risk management;
- Experience in auditing compliance with policies and procedures
- Communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to think independently, make decisions where appropriate and manage aggressive deadlines;
- Analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently;
- Working towards an information security qualification (e.g. CISM)
- High level of personal integrity and the ability to handle confidential matters, showing an appropriate level of judgment.
- Able to work with multiple departments & teams with differing priorities.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work openly and collaboratively
- Interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Embrace and drive change
- Be innovative in approach and look for opportunities to improve processes
- Energy, drive and fairness;
- Flexible, versatile and adaptable;
- Comfortable in a change environment;
- Focus on detail and completion;
- Commitment to continuous improvement;
- Responsible, accountable and customer focussed;
- Results driven with focus on dead-lines;
- Well organised and efficient;
- Able to apply for various security clearances.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76684359