Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join their growing team based in Wigan, Greater Manchester.
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Location: Wigan, Greater Manchester
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum, depending on experience + benefits package
Are you ambitious, passionate, commercially aware, socially savvy, and an all-round talented brand champion? Our client are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to become part of our newly established in-house marketing team and rejuvenate our natural healthcare portfolio. If you are hungry for success, enjoy a challenge and hard work, whilst having fun along the way, then this is the role for you.
Founded in 1812 our client is the oldest manufacturers of herbal medicines in the UK. The brand USP is based on a long-established ability to produce multi-ingredient herbal formulations which work synergistically to provide credible alternatives to conventional pharmaceuticals. As such, our client is a tried and trusted heritage brand, with loyal consumers and endorsed by Medical Herbalists.
In 2014, our client became part of another brand. With new ambitious brand owners, now is the time to build on their 200 years herbal heritage and rejuvenate the consumer brand to reflect their new ownership and new brand strategy. Our client's purpose is to empower the responsible management of health and change the way people consider natural healthcare around the world.
The family of brands represents their unwavering commitment to quality, driven by their passion for applying science to nature. Their philosophy of ‘source to patient’ begins with extensive research, a commitment to sourcing quality ingredients and rigorous processes, to deliver premium natural solutions that are renowned for their quality, credibility and reliability by healthcare professionals, consumers and businesses around the world.
As Marketing Manager, you will be a custodian and ambassador for the company's branded portfolio, to inspire all internal and external stakeholders about the benefits of their natural products. Reporting the Head of Sales & Marketing you will be involved with the development and implementation of their UK marketing strategy to drive sales and profitability.
You will be responsible for the 1 Year Brand Plan and input into the 3 Year strategic plan.
A key objective is to increase consumer awareness and drive advocacy from relevant influencers. As such, development of a new digital marketing platform with social media is a critical success factor for their key brands.
Marketing Manager – Key Responsibilities:
- You will develop and implement the PR strategy to support brand plans with both the trade and consumers, including the online digital communications strategy
- Working with their external Sales Team you will develop and implement a 1 year trade promotions plan, identifying shortfalls and opportunities. You will be responsible for accurate sales forecasting and assist with category management of trade accounts
- A keen commercial awareness is a must as you will be responsible for managing the marketing budget and helping achieve their company sales and profit targets
- They are in a tightly regulated market sector, so you will be trained in and expected to work within the Regulatory guidelines
- Generally you will be responsible for championing their brands
Marketing Manager - What do you need?
- A degree in a Life Science discipline or equivalent – preferable not essential
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) qualification
- Excellent all round communication skills
- An analytical approach, excellent with spreadsheets
- Significant experience of working with consumer brands, preferably healthcare, ideally herbals or food
- Demonstrable track record of developing and executing brand strategies, working with the trade and sales teams, trade promotions activity, launching NPD and lifecycle management, working with external agencies, writing briefs, managing budgets, product demand forecasting and report writing
- Successful track record using digital marketing campaigns including e-commerce, social media, PPC, SEO optimisation, web content management
- A collaborative approach with internal stakeholders; Sales, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Production, Regulatory, Finance, Quality and Global Marketing
- Project management skills to effectively manage multi-disciplinary project teams
- Creative flair
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- To be positive and solutions focussed
- A credible and professional demeanour
- A good sense of humour
- Ambition for yourself and our brands.
The closing date for this Marketing Manager opportunity is 20th October 2017.
The successful candidate will have ample opportunity for personal development.
To submit your CV for this exciting Marketing Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
This role may be suitable if you have previous experience as a Marketing Executive, Marketing Assistant, Product Manager, Brand Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Senior Marketing Consultant, Marketing Officer, Head of Marketing, or as an Assistant Marketing Manager.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76680591