Front End Web Developer
Peacocks is a fashion family value retailer, a part of The Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group, which currently has 495 stores across the UK. The group currently employs over 10,000 people across all brands, which also includes young fashion retailer, Jane Norman, also based at the Cardiff office.
An exciting and fast paced environment to work in; we're growing rapidly and aim to be a leading fashion multi-channel retailer as we grow our channels but retain our core company principles and values.
This new role forms part of our growing eMarketing and eCommerce team. We are looking for the right person to support the content team and work our external agencies in maintaining web pages and existing website features. You will work closely with the web content team and the design team on delivering the day to day collateral for the web site. You will also scope, code and implement new developments and features on our websites. You will be a team player which is a key element to us, and want to work in a dynamic team that faces new challenges every day. The ability to communicate clearly is important, as is a great eye for detail and a perfectionist approach. You have to be able to work in a busy environment and manage multiple workflows. Interests in the latest web technologies and web standards outside work are essential. Brand awareness and integrity are essential in all developments.
ROLE IN DETAIL -
- Work with our Graphics team to turn visual designs into functional and user-friendly client-side applications using jQuery, HTML and CSS
- Manage front-end site updates and ensure integrity of the current site content
- Create and manage new static site content
- Create email templates for the web content team from visuals supplied bythe Graphics team, and build marketing emails using industry standard layouts and HTML
- Support the teams in preparing digital images for online use internally or for use by third parties
- Use the CMS system to handle product lines, update product details and prepare the site for sale periods with the content team.
- Support cross-browser and platform compatibility testing of new developments
You need to possess demonstrable knowledge of:
- Working with HTML tables - Experience in using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of AJAX, PHP, MySQL and WordPress would be an advantage
- Proven ability to hand code
- Experience or an understanding of GIT/SVN version control and deployment would be an advantage
- An understanding and appreciation of the following:
- Web Standards - W3C (including WAI)
- Web Usability
- Familiar with cross-browser compatibility testing
- Mobile-specific or Responsive Design front-end development knowledge would be useful
Desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in a Magento environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Front End Web Developer to learn and progress to the next level within a head office environment.
- Staff discounts within the Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group (Edinburgh Woollen Mill, Ponden Home, Jane Norman, Peacocks, Austin Reed, Jaeger)- Pension scheme
- 28 days paid holiday- On-going training and development to give the opportunity to progress within the ever growing business
- Opportunity to work near the city centre within a modern office building with onsite Caf?
- The chance to work within a growing organisation surrounded by like minded people
Unleashing your Potential
At Peacocks we are passionate about growing and developing talent which is why we regularly look to our internal pool for promotions from our top performers. To support this process we offer internal and external training and development programmes to help you reach your potential.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76684671