Covent Garden Market Authority (CGMA) is a commercial property company that owns and runs New Covent Garden Market and is accountable to the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). The business employs 35 staff with an annual income of circa £16m, including £5m rental income from leased trading and office space.
Whilst the custodian of the market and commercial landlord to 175 tenants, CGMA is also leading a ten year multi-phase development to create a brand new market, offering the best in fresh produce and flowers, to sit alongside London's newest residential and business district and an exciting Food Quarter.
The residential led, mixed-use scheme will create 3,000 new homes, 135,000 sq ft of commercial space and 100,000 sq ft of retail, leisure and new community facilities including shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Provide sound financial leadership and advice to the Board whilst ensuring CGMA meets its corporate governance and Defra obligations
- Contribute to the investment strategy and delivery of a business plan that develops a value creating Food Quarter for London
- Ensure the provision of appropriate functional expertise to the business in HR, IT, legal services, and procurement
- Act as Company Secretary to CGMA
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Extensive experience as a senior finance leader, ideally within property or low margin business
- Strong commercial acumen with proven ability to create value in businesses
- Analytical and detail conscious; but preparedness to be 'hands on'
- Able to get the best out of people, teams and systems
- A strategic thinker
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76679808