Senior Test Automation Analyst (Automation)
My client is a global leader in providing IT solutions that enable Retail Banks and Retailers to focus on what's important - their customers.
You must reside close to the Bracknell office in terms of commute and must have significant automation testing and client facing experience. If you do not reach these requirements you will not be successful.
Summary of the Job
The Test Lead will deliver end-to-end testing services either as part of a major strategic programme, 'stand alone' testing service or development / upgrade project.
At this level the Test Lead will be expected to have responsibility for day to day client engagement as well as test management and delivery.
- To assess the effort required for testing and produce estimates of time to be spent on work where required for the assigned project
- To provide input to the design of the end-to-end test approach for complex IT programmes and projects, utilising a risk-based approach
- To create robust test plans to support the delivery of the overall test strategy
- To produce test cases and test scripts, including desired outcomes, for more complex scenarios and systems
- To create test data and specify the testing environment
- To audit test plans, test cases and test scripts created by other team members
- To execute all levels of testing in line with overall project plan and support other team members with their testing work, as required
- To document and verify test results. To record all incidents encountered during testing
- To undertake peer reviews for test deliverables and to provide coaching and mentoring support to more junior staff
- To ensure all work meets the guidelines & standards defined for the team and the Company
- To perform effective version control management in all aspects of documentation / script output
- To develop business/customer understanding and proactively contribute to and utilise the team's technical knowledge base
- To liaise with other workforce members to better understand requirements and produce more effective test scripts
- To complete impact analysis of change requests, changing priorities and implementation of change control
- To ensure appropriate, comprehensive and timely reporting of work and early escalation of any issue that may impact on the quality or delivery timescales of software
- To assist with the 'hand over' for new software into the support environment, including knowledge transfer and personal assistance during the transition and early support phase
- To complete ad hoc duties and tasks allocated through line management chain from time to time
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76684799