Assistant Brand Manager
Our client have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Brand Manager to join their growing team based in Wigan, Greater Manchester.
Job Title: Assistant Brand Manager
Location: Wigan, Greater Manchester
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 per annum, depending on experience + benefits package
Are you ambitious, passionate, commercially aware, socially savvy, and an all-round talented brand champion? Our client are looking for an Assistant Brand Manager to become part of their newly established in-house marketing team and rejuvenate their natural healthcare portfolio. If you are hungry for success, enjoy a challenge and hard work, whilst having fun along the way, then this is the role for you.
Founded in 1812 our client is the oldest manufacturers of herbal medicines in the UK. The brand USP is based on a long-established ability to produce multi-ingredient herbal formulations which work synergistically to provide credible alternatives to conventional pharmaceuticals. As such, our client is a tried and trusted heritage brand, with loyal consumers and endorsed by Medical Herbalists.
In 2014, our client became part of another brand. With new ambitious brand owners, now is the time to build on their 200 years herbal heritage and rejuvenate the consumer brand to reflect their new ownership and new brand strategy. Our client's purpose is to empower the responsible management of health and change the way people consider natural healthcare around the world.
The family of brands represents their unwavering commitment to quality, driven by their passion for applying science to nature. Their philosophy of ‘source to patient’ begins with extensive research, a commitment to sourcing quality ingredients and rigorous processes, to deliver premium natural solutions that are renowned for their quality, credibility and reliability by healthcare professionals, consumers and businesses around the world.
As Assistant Brand Manager, you will be a custodian and ambassador for the company's branded portfolio, to inspire all internal and external stakeholders about the benefits of their natural products. Reporting the Head of Sales & Marketing you will be involved with the implementation of their UK marketing strategy to drive sales and profitability.
Assistant Brand Manager – Key Responsibilities:
- You will assist the Marketing Manager in the implementation of the 1 Year Brand Plans
- A key objective is to increase consumer awareness and drive advocacy from relevant influencers
- As such, you will assist the Marketing Manager with the implementation of a new company's digital marketing platform with social media as a critical success factor for their key brands
- You will support the implementation of the PR plans to both the trade and consumers, including the online digital communications activity
- You will be responsible for educating internal customers on their brands and update frequently on brand activity. In addition educating and assisting Customer Care, and answering customer queries
- Working with their external Sales Team to support planned product listings, assist category management of trade accounts and help with sales forecasting
- A keen commercial awareness is a must as you will be responsible for monitoring the marketing budget and helping achieve the company sales and profit targets
- They are in a tightly regulated market sector, so you will be trained in and expected to work within the Regulatory guidelines
- Generally, you will be responsible for championing their brands
Assistant Brand Manager - What do you need?
- A degree in a Life Science discipline or equivalent – preferable not essential
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) qualification – preferable not essential
- Excellent all round communication skills – pleasant telephone manner
- An analytical approach, excellent with spreadsheets
- Strong organisational and planning skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Experience of working with consumer brands, preferably healthcare
- Successful track record implementing digital marketing campaigns including e-commerce, social media, PPC, SEO optimisation, web content management
- A collaborative approach with internal stakeholders; Sales, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Production, Regulatory, Finance, Quality and Global Marketing
- Creative flair
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- To be positive and solutions focused
- A credible and professional demeanour
- A good sense of humour
- Ambition for yourself and our brands
The closing date for this Assistant Brand Manager opportunity is 20th October 2017.
The successful candidate will have ample opportunity for personal development.
To submit your CV for this exciting Assistant Brand Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
This role may be suitable if you have previous experience as a Brand Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Intern, Brand Executive, Brand Assistant, Senior Marketing Executive.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76679995