Nesta are looking for a creative and experienced Marketing Manager to join our Communications team to work on one our biggest festivals, FutureFest, next taking place in 2018.
The Nesta Communications team is responsible for promoting the work of the organisation, building its brand and reputation, and ensuring its work reaches the right audiences. A key channel for this outreach is events and over 13,000 people attend a Nesta event every year.
Over the past four years, FutureFest, Nesta’s biggest and boldest event, has become a vital platform to showcase our work. The festival has attracted a growing community of decision makers, political influencers, changemakers and trendsetters, positioning Nesta as a global thought leader in the innovation sphere.
We are now looking for an ambitious and creative marketing professional who knows how to market festivals or large consumer-facing events and is always looking for new ways to promote them.
Responsible for marketing and campaign planning, targeted on and offline campaigns, audience insight, and continuing the audience engagement after the event, this is a key position in the festival delivery team. He or she will work closely with the FutureFest Event Producer, members of Nesta’s Media and Digital teams, and will report directly to the Director of Brand Marketing.
- Proven track record marketing large consumer-facing ticketed events or festivals
- Demonstrable experience meeting ticket sale targets for events
- Demonstrable experience of audience-lead thinking: shaping creative communication outputs based on audience understanding
- Experience creating and evaluating multi-media campaigns on and offline - including direct marketing, content marketing, email marketing, and partnership marketing
- Particularly strong experience of the latest marketing techniques in digital and social media channels to market events - including cost effective creation and promotion of video content (and a good working knowledge of data protection regulation) and social media outreach
- Passion for future-facing topics, and an awareness and understanding of the competitive set for FutureFest
- Exceptionally creative - comfortable generating exciting creative ideas for reaching audiences and building communities
- Commercial acumen to negotiate strong deals
- Experience managing design and digital marketing agencies
- Experience working alongside media/press and digital teams to plan and implement campaigns
- Experience of having to work under pressure and managing conflicting demands.
- Understanding of brands and managing/ implementing visual brand identities
- Calm under pressure with a flexible approach and able to adapt to changes quickly in a dynamic environment
- Good attention to detail, high standards of accuracy and a good completer
- Strong communications skills including good copy writing ability
- Well organised with excellent project and budget management skills
- Competent IT skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to start work immediately is desirable
How to Apply
To complete the application form, please click on the ‘Visit Website’ button of the relevant job advert on our Website.
The closing date for applications is 11:45pm, Tuesday 17 October
1st interviews will be held on Monday 30 October
2nd interviews will be held on Monday 6 November