Location: Redruth, Cornwall
The company is a Cornish manufacturing company which was established in 1985. Their factory and showroom are based in Pool, Redruth. They design, fabricate and install conservatories, orangeries, windows, doors and glass balustrading for residential, commercial and trade customers. They have a large showroom displaying both bespoke and standard designs and they pride themselves on their well deserved reputation for innovative design, high quality products and excellent workmanship, followed up with genuine after sales service.
Given the size of the company, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of everything involving finances. Essentially your aim will be to not 'cost' the company a penny, as you will save the company considerably more than your salary!
Key to the role will be ensuring their pricing database linked to their quotation system(s) and the sourcing and management of project materials and parts are continuously maintained and improved.
Whilst overseeing the bookkeeper, you will also work closely with your colleagues with the ultimate intention to improve efficiency and profitability. You will be expected to develop relationships with key suppliers and to build on their existing supply chain in line with their plan for growth. Negotiating with new and existing suppliers to ensure competitive pricing and improved terms if possible (including payment terms, credit limits, volume discounts and annual pricing reviews for example).
- Negotiating, Improving and establishing new supply chain management
- Work closely with the Sales Team, Technical Surveyor, Production & Installation Manager, General Manager and Service Call Co-ordinator and Bookkeeper to analyse projects upon completion and identify areas of improvement and/or alternative approaches to improve profitability.
- Attend project team meetings
- Analyse Sub Contractor and Supplier costs.
- Preparation and maintenance of pricing spreadsheets and procedures.
- Calculation and negotiation of Labour Rates.
- Develop effective purchase order reconciliation procedures.
- Look at overhead cost, with an ongoing aim of reducing them.
- Oversee and effectively manage bookkeeper tasks and responsibilities.
- Prepare monthly financial summaries for management review.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Working to strict deadlines throughout.
- To obtain prices for bought in items and sub-contracts against relevant specifications, criteria and conditions.
- Cost projections, ROI and post project financial analysis.
- To prepare feasibility costings for potential new projects.
- To compile post project analysis reports and calculate project gross and net profit aligned with overhead recovery.
- To comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Good IT skills, MS Office, Word and Excel (with an excellent command of spreadsheets).
- High level of accuracy and commercial acumen.
- Good communication, presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Confident with excellent negotiation skills.
- The ability to reason and discuss at management level.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience in procurement.
- Highly organised with ability to multi-task, deal with multiple contracts and parties simultaneously.
- Confident and self motivated with a positive attitude, excellent organisation and planning skills.
- The ability to prioritise own work load.
- Highly analytical with a keen eye for detail.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- General Manager.
- Training for all relevant in-house software will be provided.
- Any other training you and the company feel would be advantageous.
- We can facilitate the continuation of any existing training.
- You will have the full support of your colleagues through each project and the support and guidance of management where and when required.
Hours of work:
- Hours will be 35 to 44.5 hours per week (negotiable).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76366931