Small Works Engineer - South West
Small Works Engineer - Overview
We want compassionate people with the drive to keep us moving forward as we make big changes to our business for our customers who have their own businesses as we know what they expect. We’re looking for people who love simplicity, value doing what’s right and want to be extraordinary together. We can offer an exciting journey, and the opportunity to work with talented, friendly people & put your skills to use in helping us shape the future of the energy and services industry.
Small Works Engineers will be expected to undertake plumbing / small work in accordance with planned programmes and reactive calls / quotes. Ensuring adherence to standards of efficiency, safety and customer satisfaction.
Small Works Engineer - The Role
Field based; the Small Works Engineer carries out work in respect of central heating pipe work, fittings, cylinders and water header and top up tanks. Power flushing central heating systems and small ventilation works in accordance with planned programmes and carries out on demand / quoted work as requested. Following adequate training the engineer may be required to undertake upgrades to central heating installations. Further training will include ACS qualifications to progress within the gas industry with a view to installing / exchanging commodity appliances.
- Ensures safety legislation, Water Regulations and operating procedures are maintained
- Operates computer-based systems (CF19) to retrieve work, update records and view information. Implements improved technology as required
- Responsible for the safe keeping of all tools and equipment
- Assists (when required) qualified technicians on 2 – handed large service PM or installation calls
- The Engineer may also be requested to undertake upgrades to central heating installations and will report to a Field Service Manager, but is largely unsupervised
- The Engineer will receive work from our Rotherham office and then will be expected to plan and organise their time to ensure that deadlines and performance targets are met. As necessary they will contact the customer to make appointments
- The Engineer will implement improvements to working practice and technology to increase the effectiveness of the business and to provide an improved service
- Flexibility of approach is of paramount importance to ensure that financial margins and productivity targets are met and exceeded
- The Engineer will be issued with tools, equipment and be responsible for the safe keeping, to minimise loss and reduce costs The main challenge of the job is seen as the completion of work to the highest standard meeting the required deadlines and level of performance, and making a positive contribution to the financial success of the business.
Small Works Engineer - The Person
We believe each one of us has an important and unique role to play in our success. Our people are empowered to make decisions and trusted to act in the best interests of our customers and the business. Working with us you’re encouraged to come up with new ideas for how we can be better and smarter in the way we do things. We are focused on developing talent and offer a wealth of opportunities for you to develop yourself and your career.
- As a minimum, Small Works Engineers should be qualified in plumbing to S/NVQ level 2, have a level understanding of basic electrical controls. Where required the Engineer will advise customers of defects and contraventions to all regulations
- The Engineer will adhere to all operating instructions for complying with laid down standards, legislation and safe working practices
- Health and Safety awareness
- Ability to organise and plan your own work
- They will use their own initiative to deal and settle customer problems / complaints, whilst ensuring a highest level of customer satisfaction is maintained
As you would expect from a company such as ours a competitive salary is only the beginning, we offer a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle. These include pension, share schemes, paid holiday and company discounts. We will also enhance your technical skills by offering additional training to give you the skills you need to deliver the service required.
Small Works Engineer - The Company
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button
Please note this role is to be based in the following postcode areas required BH, DT, EX, TA
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76679848