Product Manager Rubber, Polymers and Paper
Our Client is a multi sector speciality distributor of raw materials and chemicals to the UK Manufacturing Industry.
They are now seeking a Product Manager – Rubber, Polymers and Paper. This position will be office based in Leeds. It is a full-time permanent role reporting to the Business Manager - Rubber and Polymers.
- To add to the commercial expansion of the department.
- Supporting Business Managers in monitoring and controlling efforts to exceed budgeted sales and margin.
- Driving market strategy, product sourcing, sales coordination, supplier relationship management, and selected selling activities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing suppliers and customers (internal and external) to ensure that products are marketed effectively and that profitability is maximised.
- Customer direct selling, both alone and in support of other sales staff when required e.g. where technical expertise is required to close the sale.
- Contribute to the preparation, delivery, and monitoring of EBITDA sales and margin targets and budgets.
- Assist in development and implementation of sales and marketing plans for a specified portfolio of speciality products and customers in the rubber, polymers, and paper industries.
- Constantly review and assess performance of the portfolio of products, customers and suppliers and coordinate selling through all channels.
- Regularly report on plans and results in line with the requirements of the BMs and assist in implementation of appropriate action where required.
- Identify strategic product/supplier opportunities.
- Take part in negotiations with suppliers to obtain appropriate purchase and distribution agreements.
- Be a key part of the interface between our client and suppliers on assigned products
- Support Business Development Managers in providing logistics, marketing, and training support to the depot based customer facing staff.
- Support the BMs on selling price control to maintain and improve achievable gross margin.
- Monitor and (where possible) control buying prices and keep the business aware of significant price variations.
- Provide market intelligence to BDMs and depot commercial staff on availability, price, stock levels, and market trends.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of all company reports, policies and procedures.
- Prepare and where needed present performance reports to suppliers.
- Awareness of market conditions and trends including competitor activity and market share relating to individual products.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Business or Science related subject (or similar / equivalent)
- Previous experience of dealing with external customers and suppliers within a technical / commercial role
- Experience of working within the Rubber / Polymers / Paper industry (Desirable)
- Ability to build key relationships on multiple levels through effective communication skills
- Experience of performance reporting, data analysis and assessment
- Experience of product / market development
- Commercially aware, with experience in developing and maximising business within a profit driven environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Full UK driving license
In return, our Client is offering a salary of around £35,000 per annum basic plus car and benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V and a covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76234507