Bookkeeper - Friendly Independent Firm
Great opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper to join a friendly Accountancy Practice based near Leatherhead. Study support will be offered for the right candidate if required.
Our client are a local accountancy practice, based in Leatherhead who provide excellent service to their clients. Staff well being is of high importance and want to provide the best working environment to their staff.
The key responsibilities for this bookkeeping role based near Leatherhead are:
- Undertake bookkeeping for a variety of clients
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in a timely manner
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines and time budgets
- Complete VAT returns for allocated clients
- Composing correspondence to clients, tax office, registrar of companies and others
- Undertake specific accounting projects for clients as required
- Assisting with some payrolls from time to time.
- 2-3 years or more Bookkeeping experience
- VAT experience desirable
- Knowledge of a number of payroll and accounting packages (Iris and Kashflow)
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of letters and spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Carrying out tasks with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Time management skills
- Ability to operate strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Experience of working within teams
Salary £20,000 - £35,000 depending on the candidate. Study support offered if required.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76666523