Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Officer to join their Legal and Commercial Services team based in Gadbrook Park, Northwich. You will be on a full time permanent basis working 37 hours per week with a competitive salary of £26,961 per annum.
Our client are a Times Top 100 company (in not-for-profit sector), and are the only local landlord wholly based in West Cheshire, providing over 6,000 homes in Northwich, Winsford, Frodsham, Helsby and outlying rural areas. They are excited to be a delivery partner within the New Leaf project working across the Cheshire West & Chester area.
They are seeking an enthusiastic and committed qualified Legal Executive or experienced Paralegal to work within the busy Legal and Commercial Services Team. Based at the their Head Office, you will work alongside another Legal Officer and will have responsibility for a range of legal work under the supervision of the Company Solicitor.
The role will include conveyancing, boundary/land ownership queries and disputes, assisting with new build development schemes, managing their commercial, shared ownership and residential leasehold properties, debt recovery, ensuring they meets the regulatory requirements as a social housing provider and dealing with day to day enquiries.
Responsibilities of their Legal Officer include:
- Act on behalf of the Legal & Commercial Services team in the provision of legal services and to provide specialist legal advice where appropriate to the Board, Executive Management Team and Managers and staff.
- Undertake legal research as and when required and advise on their legal position as necessary.
- Keep them updated with changes to legislation and best practice.
- Conduct the monthly review of violent persons/dangerous properties and issue the monthly update.
- Attend court as and when required to represent them.
- Liaise with external solicitors where necessary.
Skills needed to become their Legal Officer
- 7 GCSEs Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- 2 A levels (or equivalent) Grade C or above
- Law Degree is desirable but not essential
- LPC/CILEx qualification with minimum of 1 year post qualification experience or paralegal with minimum of 5 years’ experience
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills with a wide range of organisations and individuals
- Commitment to achieving the their aims and objectives in keeping with its values and vision
- Ability to conduct legal research using a range of sources, analyse information and make recommendations
- Ability to accurately draft legal documents
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Commitment to deliver service excellence and service improvement
- Full UK driving licence and access to vehicle for business use or ability to travel to appointments as necessary
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Legal Officer then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: Monday 9 October 2017 at 12 noon
Assessment Date & Interview Date: Week commencing 9 October 2017
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75953378