First Aid Officer
Our client has an opportuntity for an experienced grade 3 First Aid Officer to start immediately based in Manchester. Joining on a full time contract basis, the ideal First Aid Officer will receive a competitive salary of £8.00 - £12.00 per hour depending upon experience.
They have been providing Manchester schools and schools nationally & internationally with Specialist School Support Staff since March 09. They have a total of 12yrs experience dealing with the changing requirements of support staff.
The First Aid Officer must have a current DBS and also a First Aid at Work qualification (not Emergency First Aid at Work).
The First Aid Officer will:
- Provide First Aid care to students, school staff and visitors in compliance with policy and regulations. Judge where student needs to be sent home and liaise with Attendance Manager and parents.
- Keep accurate records of all instances, both computerised and manual, and maintain records for students on SIMS and produce reports for Operations Manager.
- Completing Accident and other forms where necessary and forwarding to the relevant agencies.
- Assist in investigating any accidents and reporting to the Operations Manager where necessary.
- Work with the School Nurse to ensure that pupils who have specific medical needs are given appropriate care, particularly ensuring that Healthcare Plans are monitored and kept up to date.
- Liaise with parents regarding medical conditions and refer all information to relevant staff.
- Monitor student medications held and advise parents if any are due to expire. Complete relevant paperwork for new medications received in school.
- Assist School Nurse in the promotion of health within the school, including the organisation of pre - vaccination and mental health talks. Liaise with other health professionals as required.
- To liaise with the NHS Immunisation Team, teaching and caretaking staff during vaccination periods and make arrangements for the smooth running of this programme.
- Responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children s/he is responsible for, or come into contact with.
- To liaise and support with the administration of Child Protection in the academy.
- Liaise with any off site activity leaders when preparing medical information for residential trips, Activity Days and other off site events.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentially, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Monitor and arrange training for school First Aid staff when required.
- Undertake any training appropriate to this part of the post.
Hours of will be 08:30 – 15:30. The role is temporary until they get internal staff trained – probably six weeks or so but this role could lead to other opportunities.
If you have the skills and experience to join their team as a First Aid Officer, please apply now!
They are an Equal Opportunities Employer and they positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
They are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, younger learners and vulnerable adults and they expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. (Should the applicants current DBS be out of date).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76120109