Assistant Management Accountant
A highly commercial Finance opportunity for someone looking to take their existing Accounting skills and apply them in a business focused role.
A new role within a medium sized, international business, based in Weybridge with easy access via public transport and free parking provided.
The Assistant Management Accountant role involves;
- Assist in financial forecasting of the contracts within the teams remit.
- Highlight all key risks and opportunities on the accounts and ensure action to mitigate and maximise respectively.
- Develop and execute actions to improve financial performance.
- Pro-active management of the billing process and cash collection as well as all Balance Sheets Reconciliations for the account.
- Ensure that processes are consistently followed and challenged to maintain financial control.
- Working closely with the Commercial Manager and maintaining regular contact with all employees within the contracts to understand the front line aspects of the business.
- Advise the Commercial Manager and Account Director of all key changes which affect Commercial performance and work closely with the Senior Management team on the accounts.
- Support the Commercial Manager and the wider Finance & Commercial team in the accurate, consistent and timely completion of all month end activities.
- Ensure that all Month End documentation is produced in a consistent and high quality format and is stored in line with the Commercial standards.
- Organise and manage Management Account reviews with responsible Managers, becoming their key Commercial contact and assisting them in achieving budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of KPI packs.
- Develop a sound understanding of the Operations, the Contracts and an awareness to identify and support the Commercial team in the mitigation or conversion of all risks and opportunities
- Take a pro-active approach to reviewing ongoing Wages and Consumable spending within the contracts, reporting on variances and taking action to bring expenditure to budget.
- Assisting in preparation of Annual Budgets for the Contracts
- To perform any ad-hoc duties at the discretion of the Commercial Manager and Account Director.
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Management Accountant role will;
- have worked in a similar Finance / Accounting role previously
- be looking for a commercially focused Finance role
- ideally be studying CIMA/ACCA/AAT (but not essential)
The Assistant Management Accountant role can pay between £27-32,000 + excellent benefits, and structured career progression.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76663136