Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (Part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are working with a leading engineering/manufacturing business within the automotive industry as they look to recruit an experienced Software Engineer.
As a member of their global software team, you will be working on developing and deploying technologies for key UK customer projects. With your technical expertise you will be responsible for ensuring software product deadlines and deliverables are achieved. You will specify, design, develop, test, release, maintain and enhance embedded software solutions. The team commissions its own processes, methodologies, tools and architectures, allowing our client to bring innovative products to market, while preserving customer delivery efficiency and precision.
- Embedded software - Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the development of embedded software for real time systems.
- Automobile Powertrain Systems - Demonstrates basic understanding of automobile powertrain products and their functions (e.g. transmissions, all-wheel drive, hybrid and electric drive lines and power electronics).
- Electrical Hardware - Demonstrates basic understanding of ECU schematics.
- Documentation Skills - Demonstrates ability to write fluently to describe algorithm design, theory and test results.
- Communication Skills - Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors and customers.
- Teamwork - Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the team. Leads and actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
To be considered for the role, the company are looking for:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related degree
- Several years of experience developing embedded software; preferably in the automotive industry.
- Strong working knowledge of C programming language for real-time embedded systems.
- Experience working with Model-Based Development tools and code generation. Matlab Simulink/Stateflow/TargetLink preferred.
- Practical experience with AUTOSAR preferred.
- Excellent model and source code debugging skills.
- Experienced developing software to a comprehensive software process. CMMI or SPICE preferred.
- Expertise working with communication and network protocols (e.g. CAN and/or FlexRay) required and associated tools.
- Experience with Software Configuration, Release and Change Management is required.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Opportunity to work predominantly from home with occasional reporting into the Coventry site
- Work in an autonomous, friendly team
- 40 hour working week Flexible working can start as early as 6:45an and finish at 9:45pm
- Pension contribution up top 14%
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday + stats and can buy and sell holidays
- £100+ Million T/O business, with a 5 year plan to grow to £200 Million in the next 5 years
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76647057