Field Service Engineer (Multi-skilled)
My client is an innovator and a leading company in their field. They manufacture and maintain a range of automated machine systems, material handling equipment, flow systems, and containment systems for their clients predominantly in the medical and scientific industries. They are working exclusively with me to recruit a Field based Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical bias). The clients you will visit are Nationwide within the UK, however you may travel to Scotland and Ireland on rare occasions. Ideally they are looking for an experienced service or maintenance engineer based within the Northampton, Milton Keynes, Luton, Cambridge or Oxford areas, as these locations provide an ideal central base to cover UK customers nationally.
Based from home you will receive a work schedule each week and will travel across the UK to client sites, working on full service project life cycles and offering them the highest level of service. The majority of your work (apx 85%) will allow you to return home each day however their will also be occasions when you may see several clients in one area so could be away for 2-3 days consecutively, this usually would not be more than once a month, so flexibility and a willingness to travel throughout the UK is required to apply for this role. You would visit the companies local offices in Northampton to restock on parts and attend engineering meetings etc when needed.
As a Field Service Engineer working for the company, your role will be to support clients throughout the UK by delivering Planned Preventive Maintenance, Reactive Breakdown and Repair, Installation and Commissioning of new machinery and Training of operators. Ideally you will be an experienced Multi-skilled Service or Maintenance Engineer with an Electrical bias or be an Electrical engineer with some mechanical machine based experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out Planned Preventive Maintenance, Reactive Breakdown and Repair work to the highest technical standard.
- Work with other team members on installation, commissioning and training projects.
- Update the electronic job management system according to agreed procedures.
- Ensure effective communication with customers
- Manage and maintain tools, parts and equipment
- Deliver a consistently high quality and accurate service driven by understanding the customers needs and expectations.
- Put forward ideas and assist in the development of standards and procedures
- Multi-skilled engineer (electrical bias) or Electrical engineer with good mechanical machinery experience
- Electrical fault finding (wiring, sensors, single and 3 phase motors etc)
- Mechanical fault find (pumps, pipes etc)
- Pneumatics service, fault find and repair experience (preferred)
- Reading following and interpreting Wiring drawings and diagrams
- Some basic PLC knowledge or experience
- Experience in the maintenance or repair of automated machinery
- 16th/17th edition qualified or other electrical qualification or Electrical Apprenticeship trained
In return our client offers and attractive package of £32,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience, with up to an additional 12% in bonuses, a company van (that you can also use personally), company fuel card, uniform, mobile and laptop. 3% pension contributions (rising to 5.5% with 2 years service) and real opportunities to progress your career to a senior role. This is a days based office hours role, with no call outs, however a degree of flexibility is needed due to travel.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75947689