Our client is a charitable led business with the largest mixed youth organisation of more than 450,000 members in the UK and more across the world. Our innovative spirit and ability to make things happen plays a vital role in the development of young people everywhere.
We have a new exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our team based in Chingford, London. This is a full time role with contracted hours of 35 per week and is a permanent role. Reporting into the Deputy Head of Finance the Finance Team Assistant will take responsibility for the recording, reviewing, reconciliation, processing and payment of supplier invoices, payment requests and expense claims. The post holder will also manage and supervise members of the expenditure team.
Responsibilities – Finance Assistant
- Accurate and effective recording and processing of authorised purchase orders, invoices, expense claims, direct debit payments, credit card statements and float and petty cash requests on computerised accounting system.
- Where purchase orders have been raised and authorised, ensure that their details are consistent with invoices prior to payment.
- Supervise the administration of the purchase order system including adding new items and supplier details and the maintenance of user profiles.
- Supervise the members of the Expenditure team including agreeing their priorities and workload, and providing or arranging any training that is required.
- Provide support, training and advice to all users of the purchase order and online expense claim systems.
- Accurate checking of invoices, petty cash, payment card expenses and expense claims for coding, VAT and authorisation accuracy in line with Association policies.
- Generate BACS payment files from the accounting system for payment of invoices, float and petty cash requests, foreign currency payments and expense claims.
- Check and reconcile supplier accounts dealing with supplier queries
- Work with the Head of Finance to develop standard forms, procedures, processes and controls relating to the payments process.
- Scan and ensure that other Team members scan accurately relevant accounting records, including linking invoices to the computerised purchase order system.
- Additional duties as required by the Head of Finance
Required Skills – Finance Assistant
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with good attention to detail.
- Methodical and systematic approach to work, able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Appreciative of the need for confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong numerical skills, Excellent IT skills, focussed on providing clearly written material for distribution to various internal stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate a small team to act as business partner to a variety of staff colleagues and volunteers within the organisation.
- Sound basic accounting knowledge including familiarity with the use of computerised spreadsheets, good understanding of computerised accounts systems and electronic payment systems.
- Good understanding of the principles of VAT and coding in a partially exempt organisation
- Experience of working within an accounts department, using computerised accounting systems and ideally Sun Accounts System or similar.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office.
Our Finance Assistant role offers the chance to be based in a fantastic head office and team and comes with a number of benefits including simply health scheme, pension, life assurance, free on site parking or daily mini bus from Chingford stations and cycle to work scheme. Above anything else it gives the Finance Assistant a chance to thrive in an autonomous role where they will be able to add real value to a great organisation. If you would enjoy being part of our success story then apply now to be considered for the Finance Assistant role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76154322