IT Field Support Apprentice
Passionate about IT?
Baltic Training are delighted to be working alongside Education and IT to recruit an IT Support Apprentice to join a vibrant IT department based in Aston, Birmingham.
Specialising in providing IT Support for Schools across the West Midlands and with a track record of investing into Apprentices, Education and IT are looking for an eager to learn IT Support Apprentice to gain valuable work-experience whilst working towards industry led training!
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and break down barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in a way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Install, configure and maintain peripherals (e.g. printers, scanners, projector, cameras, etc.)
- Maintain servers
- Set up, maintain and remove user network accounts where appropriate
- Be familiar with the network infrastructure (cable and patch panels, hubs, switches and routers)
- Maintain switches, hubs, routers and other network devices
- Install, configure and maintain necessary software
- Assist in the maintenance of records (e.g. inventory, support requests, etc.)
- Any other duties stipulated by the company or customer in accordance to role
Training to be Provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Cloud Fundamentals
- ITIL Foundation
- Coding & Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Maths, English & ICT)
Skills and Qualifications required:
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Math's and English.
- Passion for IT.
- Great organisational and communication skills.
The future is bright:
Upon completion of the programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our Level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- £150 per week
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week)
Location and Travel:
This role is located in central Birmingham and is easily accessible via the local bus and train stations.
About Baltic Training:
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the Recruitment Consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76653483