Wi-Fi Technical Project Manager
Wi-Fi Technical Project Manager required for our client based in the heart of East Grinstead.
The job requires an experienced technical Project Lead to perform a key role in all Wi-Fi related projects, which will require the candidate to lead the design and deployment of Wi-Fi/Small Cells projects. The candidate will work in conjunction with the network engineering team, as well as installation engineers to provide top quality overall solutions. In addition, the candidate will be required to attend client meetings to capture requirements, be key project contact, manage budget and project plan, produce handover documentation and manage pre and post integration testing.
- Manage a small team of engineers
- Perform architectural planning and design along with configuration and integration support.
- Provide operational support for complex, wireless network deployments, Infrastructure and management of end to end wireless solutions.
- Customer requirements and build into a cohesive, consistent, standardised Wi-Fi architecture solution.
- Wi-Fi site / network development to include authentication, access control, policy creation, policy enforcement, roaming, captive portal, scale, redundancy and reliability in controller based Wi-Fi architectures.
- Gather and translate customer requirements into final product design and leverage the available solutions for multiple initiatives, including managed SSIDs on residential devices. This role will require close working with Wi-Fi network vendors and product specialists.
- Manage design, installation, vendor / partner management and commissioning of projects (end to end)
- Hands-on technical lead for clients and colleagues
- Document, build, and execute test plans to qualify vendor solutions, develop evaluation criteria and scoring and perform integration testing of network elements.
- Troubleshoot problems identified during testing and drive them to resolution including working with test and measurement equipment used to test and troubleshoot IP and RF networks.
- Design cutting-edge technology solutions into a usable and marketable service using the knowledge of Wi-Fi standards, architecture and evolution. Make decisions and recommendations for technical solutions of the Wi-Fi service offering.
- Participate in industry forums and initiatives to represent the interest of iWireless Solutions when it relates to Wi-Fi network engineering.
- Carry out extensive evaluations and integration testing of network elements and document results.
- Proven track record of leading/deploying projects
Minimum 7+ years of experience as a technical engineer in the wireless communications industry in IEEE 802.11 standards.
Intermediate knowledge in optical transport systems.
Fundamental knowledge in all packet based protocols such as TCP / IP (including protocols like DHCP, DNS, TCP, UDP, etc.), switching and routing protocols
Fundamental knowledge in IPv6 and transition technologies used to manage IPv4 exhaustion and incompatibilities as they relate to assigned projects.
Fundamental knowledge in network monitoring systems and device / network management systems, like SNMP, etc.
Detailed knowledge of Security protocols and authentication (WISPr, EAPS-TTLS, 802.1x, AAA, RADIUS)
Track record showing the ability to design and implement an end to end wireless system core (WLAN Controllers, DHCP, DNS, AAA, RADIUS, Web filtering, Data Retention, etc)
Knowledge of LAN switching architecture, design and implementation.
- Fundamental understanding of modern router architecture
- Experienced and well-rounded telecommunications engineer. Ability to understand physical and data- link layer media properties and implications as they relate to network architecture.
- Experience designing and deploying key WLAN applications including secure mobility, voice over WLAN, location based services, and wireless guest access
- CCNA/CCNA WIRELESS, CCNP qualified.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Degree in related discipline and 5-10 years of experience in related field.
- Experienced in data communications and networking principles; standards.
- Experienced in traffic engineering and bandwidth capacity management.
- Understanding of project management principles
- Knowledge of the mathematics/physics of data network phenomena relating to network performance: response time, throughput, and availability.
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi 802.11 specifications.
- Knowledge of 3GPP, Picocell, and Femtocell technologies.
Options Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we can only contact those who best suit the needs of our clients.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76650539