Senior Technical Architect
Job Title: Technical Architect
The JLT core architecture team is a central function, led by the JLT Group IT Chief Architect, and is responsible for :
- The overall JLT IT Architecture Strategy, defining the future IT architecture strategic vision and blueprint for the JLT business as a whole.
- As-Is and To-Be Architecture models, detailing both the current and proposed future JLT IT solutions portfolio, and the associated IT Transformation roadmap(s) that define the overall change journey and key transformation milestones to achieve the desired future state.
- The JLT Architectural Principles
- The JLT Architectural Policies & Standards
The JLT business is continuously evolving and Group Information Technology is embarking on an exciting and truly global IT Transformation programme to support our business ambitions. We are improving the way we work and serve clients by investing in the efficiency and effectiveness of our people, systems and processes. Our objective is to remain agile, drive innovation and improve the value we bring to JLT.
We are a global IT organisation made up of around 650 colleagues world-wide. A large number of our teams are based in the UK - in our London City head office and further offices in Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol. Other teams are based in key regional hubs in the world's high growth economies, such as Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sidney and Toronto to better meet the needs of local and multi-national clients and trading partners. We procure, develop, run and manage best-in-class IT solutions and services to support JLT's business activities. We place our customers at the heart of all technology we buy or build. We partner with colleagues in the businesses to provide them with the solutions to deliver JLT's industry leading services to our blue-chip clients.
About the job and skills required
It is the responsibility of the Technical Architects to ensure that the business requirements for each individual technology component are clearly captured, understood, documented and agreed, and that an appropriate IT solution is then architected and designed to meet these requirements. It is also the responsibility of the Technical Architect to ensure these solutions meet and comply with JLT's architectural principles, policies and standards, as well as support the realisation of JLT's overall architectural strategy and vision.
- Extensive experience designing or implementing IaaS/PaaS based solutions on AWS or Azure
- Experience in migrating workloads from on premise datacentres to the Public Cloud
- Experience configuring automation for Public/Private cloud-based workloads
- Experience working on a tightly-governed public cloud environment is desirable but not necessary
- Experience in financial services sector is desirable but not necessary
- Experience designing and implementing Private Cloud solutions is desirable but not necessary.
- Detailed understanding of
- Microsoft Technologies : Windows Server and Desktops, Active Directory
- Server & Hosting technologies: VRealize, VMware, Blades, Clustering, Azure and/or AWS.
- End user technologies : Exchange, Citrix XenApp (desirable), Windows Desktop, Collaboration tools, Sharepoint (desirable).
As you would expect from a company like Jardine Lloyd Thompson, we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within Jardine Lloyd Thompson in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
JLT aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76653451