Deputy Headteacher - Full-time
Start Date: Jan 2018
Staplehurst School is a large village primary school with lovely children and excellent facilities, rated GOOD by Ofsted (June 2015).
- Are you passionate about learning, teaching and inclusion?
- Are you committed to improving standards and raising achievement?
- Do you have high aspirations and expectations of children and yourself?
- Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
If so, we would love you to join our wonderful staff!
We are seeking a dynamic, inspirational, outstanding and innovative Deputy Headteacher who is an ambitious and energetic professional with experience of leading teams, monitoring teaching and learning, and with experience of successfully leading improvement and raising standards.
As a school we share a knowledge and passion for learning - the ideal applicant will share this vision, love their job and be able to inspire others. They will be an excellent communicator who is keen to take on new challenges.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
- Has the drive to make a real difference to the lives of all our children
- Be fully committed to the school's ethos of high expectations
- Can demonstrate excellent classroom practice, effectively meeting the individual needs of the children
- Has proven experience of developing excellence and positively impacting progress and raising attainment
- Has a commitment to inclusion and passion for ensuring all pupils reach their full potential
- Has the ability to coach, mentor, motivate staff and lead by example
- Has excellent leadership, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Will be resourceful, innovative and calm under pressure
We believe strongly in developing all our staff team through CPD and we will ensure your leadership skills are nurtured in your role as Deputy Headteacher.
The position is full time and permanent, with a start date of January 2018. Informal visits to the school are strongly recommended so you can see our wonderful school in action.
Please contact our office to make an appointment and we look forward to meeting you.
We offer you:
- Delightful, enthusiastic, well-motivated children who will love your desire to engage them in their learning
- A welcoming staff team who work well together and who are committed to the continuing development of the whole school
- A friendly and committed team of governors
- An inclusive environment where children come first
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Supportive parents and governors.
Our school is committed to equality as well as safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Closing Date: 10/10/2017 at 12:00
Interviews: Monday 16 October 2017
Information about the school
Staplehurst School is a large community school, with approximately 430 pupils, between Maidstone and Cranbrook in a rural area of Kent. Our origins go back many years. We have beautiful grounds, a large Sports Hall and up to date ICT resources. We have a strong connection with the community; many of our parents attended the school and we pride ourselves on being an integral part of the everyday lives of people in Staplehurst. It is this community support and the caring, committed work of staff which contributes to the wellbeing of children being strength of the school. The Governing Body, staff and parents are continuously working together to drive forward school initiatives in numeracy and literacy to provide an environment where learning is at the heart of all we do; our aim is to ensure each child reaches their full potential. At Staplehurst School children come first!
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.