A successful global business based in Milton Keynes are looking for a high calibre Accounting Manager to join the finance team.
A successful global business based in Milton Keynes are looking for a high calibre Accounting Manager to join the finance team. This is a newly created position to support the rapid expansion of the companys' International territories. As such, the position will require frequent travel and the successful applicant will be required to work with the local country teams to provide accounting advice and adherence to Group policy, information requests and timetables.
The purpose of the role will be to take responsibility for all aspects of accounting for the International operations including tax and treasury accounting.
- Act as a key liaison between local accounting team and Group accounting team
- Ensure consistent accounting policies between territories and differences between local GAAP and IFRS
- Establishment, implementation and assurance of internal controls
- Be a trusted advisor for local teams over transaction processing
- Financial systems and IT development
- Sharing of best practice between UK/overseas
- Working with Group treasurer on funding and debt strategy Reporting
- Initiation and management of reporting systems and processes
- Conversion of local management and statutory accounts for monthly management reporting
- Responsible for accounting adjustments for consolidation purposes into Group accounts
- Monitoring of key financial KPIs e.g. aged debt, stock turn, creditor days etc. Compliance
- Ensure adherence to internal regulations and laws governing the business
- Excellent understanding of relevant accounting areas e.g. leases, translation of foreign currencies
- Ensure all intercompany charging is tax efficient and fully compliant with UK local legislation and correctly accounted for
- Intercompany reconciliation and settlement of balance
- Provide Board meeting support and attendance, when appropriate
- Maintain good relationships with the FP&A and core finance teams, also across the wider business in order to be able to have access to the appropriate information
- ACA/ACCA qualified with at least 4 years PQE preferably spent in companies with a large international footprint
- International GAAP experience
- Experience of working to deadlines and targets
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and enthusiastic individual able to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Able to work well unsupervised and as part of a team
- Available for frequent overseas travel
- Excellent communicator and ability to build strong relationships across countries and cultures
Please apply or contact Harsa Abeelack on 07826 859650 or alternatively email: .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76201664