Engineering Project Manager
Here at XPO, we are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager from an engineering background to join our team. You will project manage the creation of distribution centres from design and fit, all the way to testing and handover with a strong focus on automation related projects.
As you will have full technical responsibility for your projects, it is key for this role that you can translate business needs into an engineering requirement, and complete these plans within budget, to schedule and specification. You will possess the expertise needed to cover the full project lifecycle as well as any methodologies needed to complete your objectives.
To be considered for this role you would need experience of the following:
- Project managing large projects and/or a portfolio of multiple projects simultaneously
- Specifying and testing refrigeration systems
- Experience of specifying fire detection and fire suppression systems
- Risk management - identifying opportunities to accelerate development or reduce risk through the use of modelling and simulation, proof of concept stages, test rigs and prototypes
- Managing external suppliers, contractors, test houses and consultancies to deliver projects
- Experience of managing external suppliers, contractors, test houses and consultancies to deliver projects
- Have the ability to write effective, clear and concise tender documents and specifications
You will have an engineering degree of some capacity, and it would be an advantage if you hold a recognised project management qualification such as APM, PMI or Prince2.
If this is a role that you feel is a good match for your skills, apply today! All applications will receive a response.
We offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. This role will come with a car or car allowance and you`ll have access to various high street discounts, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
XPO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: XPO) is a top ten global logistics provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. The company operates as a highly-integrated network of people, technology and physical assets in 31 countries, with over 90,000 employees and 1,435 locations. XPO uses its network to help more than 50,000 customers manage their goods more efficiently throughout their supply chains. The company has two reporting segments: transportation and logistics, and within these segments, its business is well diversified by geographies, verticals and types of service. XPO`s European headquarters is in Lyon, France and its corporate headquarters is in Greenwich, Conn., USA.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76311773