PE Specialist Teacher - Full-time
Start Date: Oct 2017
Primary PE Specialist/Sports Development Officer
The Tonbridge & West Kent School Sport Partnership (TWKSSP) is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic Physical Education Specialist to take on this exciting role and support the quality of physical education within the TWKSSP. The role is full time and is fixed term until the end of the academic year, due to funding, which will be reviewed annually. Part time will be considered, and candidates wishing to apply on a part time basis should detail their requirements in the application. Candidates with QTS will be paid on MPS, the salary for candidates without QTS will be dependent on experience.
The post holder will support in the delivery of the partnership CPD programme ensuring partner schools raise standards in the delivery of physical education and enhance the school’s physical activity opportunities.
Your role will entail the following:
- Ability to plan and deliver a physical education programme as KS1 and KS2
- Ensure progress is physical education is being monitored and impact can be demonstrated
- Promote, develop and support the delivery of TWKSP objectives and assist with the monitoring and evaluation of progress
- Assist in the delivery of sporting competitions, including officiating, scoring and preparation
- Assist schools to understand schemes of work which reflect the new National Curriculum
- Ensure schools provide a rich varied extra-curricular programme
- Promote the benefits of being physically active
- Participate in relevant meetings and attend CPD sessions
- Experience of delivering physical education/school sport is essential
- Level 2 coaching qualification in at least one sport
- Qualified Teacher Status (beneficial)
- Some experience in KS3 and KS4 would be beneficial
Brook Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All post are subject to vetting checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK, in the last 5 years.
Applications should be completed using a Brook Learning Trust application form, with candidates demonstrating their ability to meet the key responsibilities, qualifications and skills contained within the job description.
Please apply via the button below.
Further details can be found at our website.
Closing Date: 09/10/2017 at 09:00
Information about the school
The Hayesbrook School is a vibrant non-selective 11 – 18 all boys Academy, with a mixed sixth form. Our vision is simple – to ensure that all of our students achieve beyond our expectations and flourish as confident learners with the highest aspirations, ready for the university or careers of their choice and also ready for the world in which they will work and live. We are relentless in our pursuit of the very best for all our students.
The school has over 750 students on roll. Our strengths are strong behaviour, examination success and an emphasis upon learning and teaching. The Hayesbrook School is also renowned for its success in extra-curricular activities and for its support of other schools, both locally, nationally and as part of Brook Learning Trust.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.