KS1 Teacher - Part-time
Start Date: Nov 2017
We have a vacancy for an energetic and proactive Year 1 class teacher who would like to be part of an enthusiastic, committed team. This post is to cover PPA and NQT time one day per week. The day will ideally be a Wednesday or a Thursday and would ideally start at the beginning of Term 2 (November). Ightham Primary School was inspected by Ofsted in February 2015 and was judged to be a Good school with Outstanding elements.
We are looking for:
- An extensive knowledge of the Year 1 Curriculum.
- A reflective, caring practitioner who maintains very high expectations.
- A teacher that will "go the extra mile" for each and every child.
- An excellent role model who will motivated and inspire children.
- Excellent communication skills to ensure a consistent approach both within the classroom and across the school.
- A creative, imaginative and inspiring approach to bringing the curriculum alive and making it relevant for all children.
We can offer:
- A superb location in which to come to work each and every day.
- An active school community with supportive parents.
- A supportive and dedicated teaching team.
- A commitment to professional development.
- The second largest woodland area of any primary school in Kent.
We welcome applications from any individuals who are high quality practitioners. We also encourage you to visit our school. Please contact the school office if you would like to arrange a visit.
Ightham Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: 09/10/2017 at 17:00
Information about the school
Our aim is to provide a stimulating learning environment that offers an adventure for the mind and a care for the individual in a safe secure environment.
Ightham Primary School is situated in an idyllic rural setting and caters for up to 210 pupils accommodated in seven classes. We place the children, who are well behaved and motivated, at the heart of everything that we do. They benefit from many opportunities to take part in the excellent range of academic, physical and creative activities that we offer, both during and at the end of the school day.
Ightham Primary School was inspected by Ofsted in February 2015 and was graded as good overall with elements of outstanding.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.