Teacher of English and Drama
Start Date : As soon as possible
Teacher of English and Drama wanted for this growing academy secondary school in North Kingston
The Board of Trustees is looking to recruit an experienced English teacher to work within our English Curriculum team to teach this important subject to a high standard and to engender a love of the subject and of reading from Year 7 onwards. You will also play an important role in the delivery of drama lessons and the planning and management of school drama productions.
The Kingston Academy is new Free Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. In September 2017, the beginning of our third year of operation, we have just under 500 pupils across the three year groups of 7, 8 and 9.
Salary: The Kingston Academy Teaching Pay Scale (MPS / UPS Outer – dependent on experience)
Reporting to: Head of English
Hours: 08.00 to 17.00 daily
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit please call and ask for Lesley Thomas. However, if you are unable to visit the school prior to the deadline, your application will not be disadvantaged in any sense.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Broad base of subject knowledge
- Ability to teach across key stages 3, 4 and 5 ultimately
- Successful training, teaching practice and / or successful prior teaching experience
- Awareness of, and willingness to implement new digital approaches to teaching
- Vision of successful classroom practice
- Possess a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a curriculum / subject team
- Effective ICT skills
- Ability to maintain good classroom behaviour
- Effective organizational skills e.g. lesson preparation, scheme of work development, meeting deadlines, good record keeping etc.
- Effective inter-personal skills
To apply please visit our website via the button below. We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: Midnight on Wednesday 11th October 2017
Assessment Day: Thursday 19th October 2017