Digital Product & Project Lead
Are you up on the latest digital trends? Agile or Waterfall, you know what it’s all about. Do you love managing digital projects and bringing people from different disciplines together to create engaging digital solutions that are really easy to use? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We are recruiting a Digital Product and Project Lead. You will report to the Digital Manager and work to create new digital products and solutions as well as continuously improve Girlguiding’s existing platforms.
This role sits within the Marketing and Audience Engagement department that comprises the Digital team, Membership Communications, the Marketing team, and the Commissioning team.
What makes Girlguiding special
Girlguiding is the leading charity for girls and young women in the UK. We empower nearly half a million girls to be their best and face the challenges of growing up today.
We’ve been doing that through adventure, friendship and fun for over 100 years – and all that is reflected in how we reach and engage a spectrum of audiences.
This is a particularly exciting time as Girlguiding implements our ambitious digital transformation strategy, a large and very exciting programme of work.
It includes the ongoing development of the main website, the launch of a new e-commerce platform, the creation of digital solutions to engage more parents, volunteers and girls with Girlguiding, and the development of a completely new online learning and development strategy for the many volunteers across the UK.
Your areas of responsibility
- Build strong and positive working relationships with various stakeholders across the organisation by offering digital expertise
- Project manage the successful delivery of digital solutions
- Work closely with our digital partners to assess user needs, prioritise requirements, generate user stories, produce deliverables, gather feedback, manage sign offs and report bugs
- Instil an user-centric way of thinking and working within the organisation, champion digital best practices and lead on tracking the impact of our digital products in a meaningful way
- You will need to have a good understanding of best practice in digital development, digital project management and product management
- You will have experience of managing feedback and user acceptance testing amongst large and diverse audience groups
- You will be an expert at managing third party supplier relationships and working alongside our partners
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to build strong working relationships with staff and volunteers across Girlguiding
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding new challenge, along with the opportunity to be part of a very passionate Digital team, then you could be the person we’re looking for.
Due to the nature of the work, regular weekend and evening working will be required, at sites outside of London on occasion, for which time off in lieu will be taken.
Girlguiding values the differences that a diverse workforce brings and is committed to inclusivity, and to employing and supporting a diverse workforce. Girlguiding is proud to be part of the Stonewall Diversity Champions programme, a member of the Business Disability Forum, and a member of Time to Change – improving attitudes towards mental health. While Girlguiding’s young members may be female only, our staff team is mixed gender. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability (physical or mental), gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.