Registered Nurse - Oncology (Bank)
Are you a qualified oncology nurse? Are you interested in a new challenge? Is patient care at the heart of everything you do?
If the answer to any of the above is YES then we would like to talk to you. We at BMI are ‘serious about health and passionate about care’ and if you are too then you could have an exciting career with us.
BMI Healthcare is the largest independent sector provider of cancer services and we are currently in the process of implementing our 5 year strategy to further develop our cancer services in many exciting ways, including new cancer units and integrated cancer care service provision to our patients.
We are looking for qualified and experienced oncology nurses who are dedicated to improving the cancer patient’s journey and providing exceptional clinical care.
BMI Healthcare’s Harbour Hospital in Poole has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing. Or
- Registered Nurse Level 2 - Relevant Competencies for the role.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability
- Studies Registered general l nurse level 1.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Good team worker.
- Both punctual and reliable.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- As a skilled member of the nursing team promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
If you would like further details of the opportunities we have available then please contact Maria Murphy Clinical Services Manager BMI Harbour Hospital 01202 688391