Registered Nurse - Oncology
BMI Priory Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse - Oncology to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of further education since qualification
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Evidence of additional training in Oncology / Palliative care field
- Proficient clinician and clinical role model
- Post grad experience
- Recent experience at D/E grade in Oncology
- Good understanding of current issues in nursing
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional development and teaching
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates excellent understanding of cancer treatments and their side effects / complications.
- Cannulation, Venepuncture and PICC placement competent.
Duties of this role include:
- To assess plan, implement and evaluate programmes of care.
- To teach and supervise student nurses, other unqualified staff and junior staff nurses.
- In the absence of the person holding continuing responsibility, will lead and manage the unit team.
- The post holder will be a skilled practitioner with proven leadership and managerial skills and be a resource of clinical knowledge and expertise for patients, relatives and nursing.
- Ensure the provision of a high standard of care to all service users using the systematic approach to individualized care.
- Perform at all times in a professional manner, acting as a role model for junior staff promoting best practice.
- Assist the Ward Sister in ensuring that staff are aware and comply with the safe handling and administration of cytotoxic agents.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of all clinical care provided in the unit.
- Provide information and advice to patients and their carers on haematology treatments
- Apply, disseminate and encourage research-based practice in relation to care of patients within the unit.
- Recognise situations that may be detrimental to the health and wellbeing of the individual and take action to avoid or change.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.