BMI Blackheath Hospital in London is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Endoscopy Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Endoscopy unit experience
- Basic competence and intended or actual qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination and /or Operators Course in Endoscopy Decontamination
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
- Experience / training in pain management, care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recovery
- Experience of clinical governance and audit
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills including clinical and decontamination.
- Experience in working in partnership with Consultants to deliver clinical care.
- I.T. Skills
- BLS / ILS
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for across the whole endoscopy patient pathway
- To prove safe and efficient decontamination of flexible endoscopes
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the endoscopy unit
- Provide quality planned care for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures within own scope of practice
- To participate in the improvement in Essential Quality Requirements and Best Practice standards for flexible endoscopy services including decontamination and clinical care
- To develop and enhance the own skills and knowledge
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Participate in departmental communication, policy development, and continuous quality improvement and meetings
- Adhere to departmental decontamination programme for flexible endoscopes.
- Participate in the departmental audit program including decontamination, clinical standards, microbiological testing, patient experience etc.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.