Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
BMI Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse
- Registered ODP
- Excellent clinical skills in Anaesthetics and Recovery
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Surgical and aseptic technique principles
- Familiar with the concept of clinical governance and its components
- Knowledge of decontamination principles compliant with HTM 2030/2010
- Experience in a mixed speciality theatre in more than one area
- Committed to excellence
- Patient focused.
Duties of this role include:
- To contribute to the daily running of the operating theatre suite, ensuring the provision of the highest standards of care and services in keeping with the philosophies of the hospital and department, NMC / HPC Code and the hospital policies and protocols.
- To deputise in the absence of the sister.
- To adhere at all times to the policies and procedures laid down by the Runnymede Hospital and BMI Healthcare.
To communicate effectively with all departments within the Hospital.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.