BMI Lancaster Hospital in Lancaster is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Lead to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience working in an acute hospital setting in a Senior Registered Nurse post or equivalent.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Pre-assessment knowledge preferable
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Ability to lead a nursing team, showing previous experience in leading a clinical team.
- Ability to motivate a team of clinical professionals
Duties of this role include:
- Working within a medium or small category hospital, the role is to clinically support the department to promote and ensure excellent patient care, taking responsibility to lead the department under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Responsible for the deployment, supervision and teaching of staff within the clinical area supporting the hospital management team in providing clinical leadership.
- Assist in the provision of a unit environment conducive to learning.
- Responsibility for the daily management and daily running of the department, with support from the Director of Clinical Services, ensuring safe provision of staffing that meets activity by workforce planning, monthly rostering and daily review.
- To provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to the department.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.