Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Whitechapel, London
Salary: Up to £44,000 per annum
Application Closing Date: Thursday 12 October 2017 at midnight
Interviews: Friday 20 October 2017
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition. We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
Description of main responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for overseeing all transactional finance duties, including accounts payable and accounts receivable. Managing a team across these disciplines, you will take an active, hands-on approach to ensure that all work is completed in a timely and accurate manner. You will also be involved in all aspects of the procurement cycle; appraising suppliers, running tenders, contract production and management of supply contracts.
Key areas of focus will include:
- Creating an energised, customer focused team which strives for continuous improvement;
- Providing expert support and advice to senior leaders regarding procurement activity to ensure the business makes the best decisions for the organisation; and
- Pro-actively identifying and implementing process improvements across the organisation to ensure high quality delivery against plans and objectives.
Description of main requirements for role:
- Be CCAB (or equivalent) part-qualified or qualified by experience
- Have significant procurement experience
- Have team management experience
- Demonstrate passion for delivering excellent customer service and have a strong desire for driving continuous improvement
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
For more information and to apply please visit our website via the button below.
Please ensure you address the essential criteria in your supporting statement.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.