IT Service Desk Analyst
KCOM is a leading provider of communications services and IT solutions to organisations and consumers. By listening to and learning from our customers, we design and deliver the right services to connect them with the things that matter.
Our three main markets are:
- Enterprises: organisations with complex needs look to us to help them transform their operations and experience to become more customer-centric, agile and efficient
- Businesses: we help businesses embrace the power of technology to become more successful
- Consumers: households across Hull and East Yorkshire can choose from our range of voice, broadband and TV services to suit their needs
As an IT Service Desk Analyst at KCOM you will provide a high level of technical support and guidance to resolve incidents and requests at the first line or monitoring progress through to resolution in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs). This involves working across a number of technologies including PC's/Laptops, Software applications and Mobile devices. Working on the front line of our internal IT team this is an excellent opportunity to build on current skills and expand your knowledge.
This is a fast paced role, the IT Service Desk is a team of 6 who support KCOM's critical business systems - in excess of 50; with 200 additional services. They support circa 1,800 users & handle up to 5,000 contacts to the IT Service Desk per month.
What will I be doing?
Our IT Service Desk Analysts provide technical remote support to KCOM employees, managing all issues & requests and advising on service issues, all within our IT Service Management system. As one of this team, you would be expected to determine the most suitable way to rectify the issue, resolve within expected timeframes, or escalate the issue where necessary to ensure a high level of service delivery is maintained.
You will be responsible for the monitoring and overall management of an Incident or Service Request through to completion, identifying and resolving ongoing issues arising. Maintaining a high level of communication with the KCOM employee is essential during the life cycle of the incident to ensure full awareness of any difficulties encountered.
What do I need to do this job?
You must be able to demonstrate knowledge/skills and experience in the following technologies:
- Experience of supporting users on Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 operating systems
- Microsoft Office 2010 upwards
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2010
- Experience of working on an IT Service Desk
- Understanding of ITIL Service Management
This role also requires:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent problem solving skills using judgment and experience
- Excellent customer service and support skills
- Initiative and creativity
- Good organisational skills
- Effective time management
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Good relationship management
- Ability to operate in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to act up DOA in the absence of the IT Service Desk Team Leader
- 1st line technical experience gained within an IT support environment
What we can offer you?
This is a growing, changing company in which you will have the continued opportunity to work on new initiatives. The role offers a lot of variety and opportunity for skills development and career progression.
What are my hours of work?
You'll be working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. The IT Service Desk Team Leader allocates shifts to team members; start times vary from 8am to 10am, and finish times from 4pm to 6pm.
You'll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75954131