Senior Product Manager - Digital
Product Manager – ASDA Technology – Digital Team
A unique opportunity to work with a Walmart Global eCommerce 'Product' team based in Leeds, working collaboratively with US, Bulgaria and India teams. You will be responsible for creating part of the product roadmap, identifying and translating business needs in to workable solutions.
The ASDA Digital Technology Team develop, deliver and support the technology for Asda’s key platforms in Grocery & George clothing. With team members in Leeds, California, Sofia and India, we are leading the world’s largest multi-channel technology development programs. The Product Management organisation is a key part of Walmart, working with the UK business teams to understand high-level business and technology objectives in the multi-channel environment. We then lead the definition of roadmaps and strategies that deliver best-in-class solutions, leveraging our core platforms and services.
The Product Manager is responsible for driving the translation of business strategies into specific technology solutions (which we call ‘products’). The role defines and follows a ‘product development roadmap’, designing business and functional capabilities that deliver against both our core customer proposition and company strategic and financial goals. The role also acts as the product champion, and is able to evangelize the product vision effectively to senior stakeholders and is able to independently drive to agreement on product requirements and directions
As a Product Owner, you will be influencing the features of the platform and providing measurable analysis to ensure customer needs are met. You'll need to be prepared to travel to the United States, Bulgaria and India, working closely with Business Stakeholders, World Class Engineering Teams, and fellow globally based Product Managers, bridging the gap between business and technology worlds.
- Strong experience in the use of data analysis tools
- The ability to extract key trends, meaningful insights and opportunity from the data analysis to drive data driven product decisions
- Strong communication and data visualisation skills to present data back to key stakeholder to inform decision making
- Experience working with engineers on the technical implementation of analytics, with specific reference of Adobe Analytics (Omniture)
- A background in tag management solutions and how marketing and analytics tags are set up, maintained and documented for a large eCommerce site
- Keen interest in the data science field in areas such as statistics, data mining, and predictive analytics
- Experienced in developing business use-cases/identifying KPI’s for proposals
- Experience in writing logical, detailed and complete product requirements and functional specifications
- Strong business acumen and quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
- Able to develop detailed level of benefit / ROI analysis
- Has good time management skills and can prioritize tasks effectively.
- Understands technology and how it enables business goals
- Strong Communications skills - this is key because the ideal candidate will be communicating with stakeholders on site and across the globe
- Relevant professional experience required within technology product/program management, product marketing, project management, business development, management consulting.
- Online retail and/or marketing/strategy experience preferred
- Experience in areas listed in Functional Competencies above
- Excellent salary, car allowance, bonus and pension
- FUN environment
- A strong commitment to personal development and training
- Free parking in the centre of Leeds
- Great culture
- Staff discount
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme
- And tonnes more…
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76117378