Systems Support Analyst
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened an exciting opportunity for an experienced, organised and engaging Systems Support Analyst to join our successful Screwfix contract at our new site in Lichfield (Fradley Park).
Screwfix (part of the Kingfisher group) have over 500 Trade Counters as well as a full ecommerce next day service. We operate over 2m sq. ft. of warehousing and have 2,500 colleagues and 350 trailers dedicated to the contract. Fulfilling multi-channel solutions designed around the customer experience, the growth of the Screwfix business has been 14% year on year.
The Lichfield site will support the existing Stafford operation to provide seamless replenishment of over 3 million units per week to the Trade Counter retail network.
This challenging role will be the perfect opportunity to become part of a start-up team with a customer that continues to realize its ambitious growth.Role Profile
- Reporting to the Stock & Systems Manager.
- To ensure all system work is documented and input in line with agreed procedures.
- To ensure that all system maintenance is performed in line with the agreed working procedures and all discrepancies are properly advised and documented.
- To be the first line of contact for all system related issues.
- Completing control checks within all areas of the Distribution Centre to verify operational performance and to identify / minimise risk areas of the business.
- Providing the Site management team with support, solutions, and individual training where required.
- Compiling and circulating weekly and period reports detailing results and audits conducted.
- To maintain the Warehouse Management System to achieve high levels of service, and an efficient stock flow through the warehouse.
- Running and analysis of regular reports and data
- Supporting the site on projects and initiatives
- Working any 5 from 7 shifts with a requirement to work additional hours / shifts as necessary.
- Experience in a distribution warehouse environment.
- Be PC literate with high standard of Word, Excel and Access, and have knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems & solutions
- Knowledge of systems control is essential.
- Report writing skills (e.g. SQL, VBA) desired but not essential
- Have a high standard of communication oral, written and presentational skills essential.
- Can work on their own initiative, prioritise their own workload, and adhere to specified deadlines.
- Will have excellent team building, leadership and motivational skills.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to join a high profile and challenging contract.
If you are passionate about making a difference, creative in your style of management, and have a strong belief in engagement of staff, please submit your CV online
Closing date for applications; 2nd October 2017
Internal Applicants; Please inform your Manager of your intention to apply for this position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76107742