Data Marketing Manager
Planet Retail RNG are a global intelligence and advisory business focused exclusively on retail. Through research and data, custom advisory and executive education we help businesses like Walmart, Apple, Unilever and Hersheys plan their growth strategies with forecasts and analysis of how the retail landscape will change. Planet Retail RNG is owned by Ascential plc, listed on the London Stock Exchange and owner of leading brands Cannes Lion and WGSN. For more about Ascential see http://www.ascential.com/
We are looking for a Data Marketing Manager to drive a new, data-informed digital marketing strategy. Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing in London, they can be based from any of our offices, in London, Frankfurt, Boston, New York City or Chicago.
Your primary function is to set up and manage a global programme that uses insights from the way customers and prospects engage with us to drive profitable demand generation activity and customer engagement.
You will work alongside a content creation team, client engagement managers, an events and brand manager and sales team. You’ll be supported by central-team centres of excellence, for example in insight, research, CRM and marketing automation.
- Analyse how customers interact with our content on our online portals to understand their preferences and behaviours by customer segment.
- Use these insights to define content-driven customer engagement programs.
- Analyse newsletter performance to continually improve and increase customer value.
- Set up a public-facing content marketing programme that attracts and qualifies our target customers.
- Track acquisition costs and analyse customer lifetime value to help the Head of Marketing make informed cost allocation decisions.
- Review and improve SEO and analyse channel behaviours.
- Set up an Account Based Marketing programme that keeps our marketing focused and effective.
- Review and improve our customer data and segmentation on Salesforce so that it becomes an asset for us.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of development and delivery of successful, data driven marketing campaigns
- Digital channel expertise including social, SEM/AdWords and email
- Channel optimization experience using CRM segmentation, cohort analysis and LTV management
- Account-based marketing experience
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and Business Intelligence solutions
- Marketo skills or other marketing automation tool desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills, commercial aptitude, organizational skills, and communication skills -- both written and oral