Product Owner - Experimentation - Bangkok - 17TA13G004P03
Product Owner - Experimentation - global eCommerce Travel leader -- Bangkok
Please note this role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Our client is very keen to hear from individuals who are willing to relocate. They offer very comprehensive salary package but full relocation and visa sponsorship.
- Product background ideally within an ecom company
- Extremely comfortable with data. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making, be able to write complex SQL queries.
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Knowledge & understanding in statistical. The ability to challenge & drive high performance from data scientists.
- Experience implementing innovative ideas or products in complex organisation
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organisational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Exact science degree - a must
- Advanced degrees in exact science - advantage
- In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognises own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to 'speed wins' philosophy
- Highly skilled in training and coaching others
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humour, humility
Coming from over 60 countries, their 2,000+ person team is energetic and hyper-focused on every last detail of the internet. Despite their size, they feel like a start-up. Their product owners interact with C-Level executives all day, every day and are empowered to create, measure and improve every aspect of the business with very little overhead or bureaucracy.
Experimentation is one of the core elements of this company. The experimentation product owner role is part of the overall PO organisation, headed by the Chief of Product Officer and based in Bangkok. The PO is responsible for defining the firm's experimentation processes & vision, as well as executing the development of products that would yield massive value to our client's customers. The PO will work across functions, from supply, marketing, to internal platforms and customer facing platforms, in order to optimise the company's business results.
The product owner (PO) drives relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry. The PO will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. He or she will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product road-map as needed. At the same time, he or she will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. The PO will collaborate with data scientists to build world-class machine learning models. They will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts across all functions very well - conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
The PO needs to be a strong communicator. The PO will create and maintain a product road-map and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of our client's many customer groups.
In summary, the experimentation product owner can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, algorithmic decision-making - all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand.
- Leading company-wide product innovation in experimentation
- Setting strategic direction in order to accelerate the company's growth
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks
- Navigating the company's culture to new heights of data driven
- Developing and implementing administrative and operational matters ensuring achievement of objectives
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project.
- Evaluating risks and trade-offs associated with each course of action
- Working closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs.
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.
If this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76103649