Customer Support Advisor for Education Technology Start-up
EZ Education are the creators of DoodleMaths, a programme for children aged 4-14 at home and in school. We are in our fourth year and in a high-growth phase - our current team is 12 and we envisage doubling the team by the end of 2018.
We have a fabulous team of diverse individuals (programmers, teachers, sales, marketeers, administrators, designers) who share a love of education and technology. Above all, we value resilience and adaptability. Things change quickly in a startup and it is our highly productive, creative and ambitious team who make it work! We enjoy off-site activities too such as our mountain biking trip in October or our summer BBQ - it's really important to have fun with your colleagues.
We are currently looking for a Customer Support Advisor with a keen interest in education and business. You will be working closely with our Schools Sales Manager, Sales Assistant, Office Manager and interns to implement ongoing support for our customers.
The role would suit an individual (graduate calibre) with ideally 12-24 months work experience in customer service, retail or similar.
- Customer support and customer service for teachers and parents
- Efficient and effective email communications
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attending some education exhibitions e.g. BETT
- Visiting schools
- Training teachers on-site and via webinar
- Supporting accounts with invoicing at busy times
Interested in joining our team?
- You’re tech savvy and competent. You enjoy being behind a computer, answering email in an engaging manner. You’re a quick learner and resourceful when it comes to finding out how to do things which are unfamiliar.
- You’re polite, warm and great at communicating face-to face and in writing. You have excellent English. You’re thorough and pay attention to detail.
- You love our app DoodleMaths and want to be an integral part in our mission: to build confidence and ability in children.
- You are OK with change, even when quite rapid. You’re happy to do what needs to be done.
- You’ll enjoy taking responsibility for certain aspects of the business. You’re smart, reflective and pro-active; you’re a fast learner; you think ahead. You’re positive and optimistic.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Applying for this position:
Please email a CV and a covering letter which specifically tells us why you would like to work for our company and any supporting material which you think is relevant.
Closing date: Noon on Wednesday 11th October 2017
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by Friday 13th October 2017
N.B. It is necessary for successful candidates to have a clear Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.