Content and Information Officer
We are currently seeking a Content & Information Officer to commission, develop and collate stories, digital assets and statistics for use in fundraising and marketing initiatives and to assist in delivering the Trust’s marketing and communications strategy.
This role’s primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Be the source of information expertise on all matters related to our work in Nepal.
- Construct and execute a content plan to support wider organisation activity whilst being mindful of our priorities, our relationships and other sensitivities.
- Manage, collate and update statistics across all areas of our work.
- Work with the Nepal Communications Officer to produce a regular and quality flow of case studies and data for use in fundraising and marketing activities.
- Collate and edit video, photo and written content in collaboration with the Digital Officer for use on social media, our website, newsletter and press.
- Assist in the development and management of the Trust’s comprehensive asset library.
- Manage internal requests for content and information relating to the Trust’s field operations, in liaison with other relevant counterparts in Nepal.
- Under the guidance of the Marketing & Communications Manager, assist in delivering a communications plan directed at key audiences to promote the work of the Trust.
- Under the direction of the Marketing & Communications Manager, support digital activity including asset management, content production and digital marketing.
- Assist in the updating and management of The Gurkha Welfare Trust website.
- Build and sustain relationships with equivalents in the Brigade of Gurkhas, the wider Army, the Service charities and other relevant organisations
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working remotely or with teams overseas
- Demonstrable experience of writing impactful copy tailored for different mediums
- Recent and relevant experience in marketing, data collation and digital communications
- Demonstrable understanding of social media and its effectiveness
- Experience of managing web content using various CMS (such as WordPress)
- Strong organisational skills
- A keen relationship builder
- Proficient at information collation and Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of design software such as the Adobe Suite
- Confident and clear communicator with an ability to build relationships internally and externally
- A professional and organised manner
- An ability to remain calm under pressure
- An ability to work as part of a team
If you have any questions over the job description or terms and conditions, please get in touch with us:
T: 01722 323 955
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter to our HR team via the button below.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 12 October 2017.
Interviews will take place at the Trust’s head office in Salisbury on Tuesday 24 October 2017.