NCS Engagement Coordinator
NCS Engagement Coordinator
Start date: September 2017
Location: Epsom, Surrey
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website.
About the role
The Challenge is looking for Engagement Coordinators. You will be involved in a fast-paced Sales Team recruiting young people on to the National Citizen Service (NCS). NCS is a government backed programme that helps young people (age 15-17) build skills for work, life and transition into adulthood.
The NCS Engagement Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Directly reach out to target schools to get involved in year round NCS programmes
- Support school engagement for year round NCS programmes through calls and meetings
- Support recruitment and engagement of our young people for upcoming programmes, primarily through schools, further education colleges and community groups
- Build and foster long standing relationships with a wide range of audiences, including young people, teachers and parents
- Exciting and persuading young people to sign up to NCS through presentations in assemblies, PSHE classes and follow up phone calls
- Assist young people and their parents through the sign up process from initial expression of interest to turning up for the programme, primarily through phone calls
- Retention of young people through presentations at information evenings and phone calls prior to each programme
- Working as part of a team towards individual and team targets
- Responsible for lead generation and conversion – increasing the number of people signing up to NCS
- Proactively identify new opportunities to recruit new schools and new groups of young people
- Administrative duties to support sales and sign up processes.
Skills and experience
- Ability to communicate and engage with young people aged 15-17 and their parents/guardians in both group and individual settings
- Ability to adapt presentation style to a varied audience
- A strong work ethic, excellent time management skills and motivated to work towards targets
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workloads and work as part of a team or individually as required
- Experience in using computer applications such as Microsoft Office and email
- Experience of working in a people facing role and establishing relationships
- Interest and enthusiasm in the youth and not for profit sector.
- Good knowledge of local area
- Sales experience
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with 15-17 year olds and/or within the education sector
- Full driving license (in the North West, West Midlands and Surrey)
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, permanent role
- Salary: £18,500 per annum
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter via the button below.
This is a rolling advertisement. Where there are roles available the most suitable candidates will be taken forward to one of our limited assessment slots. We may retain your CV and contact you at a later date should more roles become available.