Mechanical Design Engineer
This is a truly outstanding opportunity for an ambitious mechanical designer who seeks the chance to be part of something ground breaking and exciting.
The business are a dynamic team who have developed this unique mechanical product and continue to grow year on year. The business design, manufacture and test on site.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the design & development of new and/or existing products. This includes existing ranges as well being a part of the R&D development.
- Design, development and specification of new and existing products
- Ensure designs conform to industry, customer and company standards
- Select suitable materials, surface finishes, coatings and treatments for the products intended use
- Carry out regular design reviews and analyse designs using suitable tools
- Output accurate models, drawings, BOM's and other technical documents to customers, both internal and external
- Check & sign off drawings in line with relevant drawing standards
- Carry out engineering changes using revision control procedures
- Proven track record and passion for concept design
- 3D CAD (SolidWorks, ProE, SolidEdge, Inventor)
- Pressure related industry standards (e.g. ASMEVIII, DNV, API (or ISO equivalent)
- FEA (SolidWorks preferred, Ansys, Abacus, Nastran, Patran)
- Ability to carry out structural calculations, tolerencing and stack up calculations.
- Technical documentation generation.
- Knowledge of high spec. materials, coatings such as stainless and carbon steels.
Experience and Qualifications
- BEng or BSc (Hons) in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Industry experience; ideally in valve design, subsea products, high pressure systems, hydraulics, pressure vessels.
A dynamic and rewarding environment which is development focused, but will challenge and improve your skills and lead to a multitude of career opportunities. You will also be supported via excellent training and development and work alongside some of the best engineers and designers in the industry.
If this position is of interest then please send your cv to the link provided or call Sarah Farrugia on 01606 818154.
Nb. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
Perpetual Partnerships is part of the Cygnet Group of engineering companies based in Northwich and specialise in providing the best quality contract and permanent candidates to the engineering, manufacturing, energy and built environment markets. Being part of an engineering group means we are passionate about understanding how companies are run, the cultural fit of the people and therefore, about recruitment.
We operate up to £1,000 refer a friend scheme so if you aren't interested then recommend
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76245833