Systems Engineer - Electronic Development - Peterborough
A Systems Engineer is required to work for one of the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The position will be a long term contract role based in Peterborough and is paying a rate of up to £38.00 Ltd Co per hour.
The main focus of the Engine Electronic System development, Systems Engineer role, is to work on system developments for several engine programmes to meet the next generation technologies and to meet more stringent emissions legislation. This role will enable the successful candidate to be a member of a small, focussed development team, working on diverse projects, having direct influence on some of the largest Engines, developing systems and strategies for leading edge technologies for these platforms.
To apply for this Systems Engineer position you should have some of the following:
- Degree, or equivalent, in Electronics/Electrical, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Software or Automotive Engineering.
- Able to actively participate in system FMEAs and the related validation activities.
- Understanding of control system elements (sensors, actuators, controllers).
- Understanding of engine control related aspects of engine subsystems ( eg fuel, air system, after treatment).
- Able to use electronic system calibration tools e.g. Vector CANape to record data and alter controller parameters.
- Experience of control system development and the related New Product Introduction processes.
- Experience of communication standards including J1939 datalinks.
- Familiarity with Mathworks tools (Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow) for model based software design and development.
- Familiarity with dSPACE HiL testers or equivalent.
- Familiarity with requirements capture tools.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76654884