Our exclusive client, a well-established, respected family owned Group of Companies with an international presence is seeking a fully experienced and proven Finance Director with an exceptional proactive and positive demeanor to play a strategic role in the board.
The business is energetic, at times intense, and has a strong team and collaborative approach to problem solving. As you would expect, with owner's active in key roles in the business, demands are high and decisions fast. As Finance Director reporting into the Chairman, the responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the senior board and management teams on the business growth strategy and improvements within the business. Develop and facilitate the strategy and then police it
- Improving management information and reporting on revenues and profit across different currency streams
- Drive improvements in systems and controls
- Leading the financial planning process and holding budget holders to account for managing and reducing overheads
- Currency management including hedging and forward planning
- Liaising with bank(s), auditors and external advisors
- Developing and mentoring the finance team
- Stock management - leading stock budgets, levels and evolving the new stock model
- Budget management
- In addition, the post holder will be expected to take ownership for assessing financial viability for various commercial projects, new initiatives and growth opportunities.
As a business, our client has seen both growth and change in equal amounts over the last 10 years so managing a large centralised function with an ever changing remit is a large part of this highly commercial and visible role.
We expect the Finance Director to be a qualified accountant with a proven track record, a strategic approach and strong commercial acumen and, in particular to have experience of:
- Experience of working for a family-owned business
- Improving processes, procedures and controls to reduce overheads and sustain growth
- Currency management is a must including dollars and euros, ideally with hedging experience
- Liaising with financial partners, stakeholders and external advisors
- A collaborative approach to problem solving
- Experience in a business that imports and exports
- The business is complex so an agile mind and broad appreciation is needed
In return, this is a chance to work as a genuine number one / Finance Director post, whilst playing an important part in steering the direction of the business. If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting role/company this is a fantastic opportunity. In addition to being a great career move the package on offer includes a strong pension, bonus scheme with company car and private healthcare.
If you are ready for the new challenge and are operating at this level this is a rare opportunity to secure a role of this nature.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76652710