SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA)
- Experienced DBA, ideally within SQL Server but will consider other databases.
- Local candidates only please apply
- Understand database design, ER Diagram and structured query language (SQL)
- Ability to learn new data engine technology such as MS SQL Server, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Kafka or Aerospike.
- Experience with Database High Availability technology such as Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication, Log shipping is a plus.
- Experience with Database Monitoring, Proactive and re-active is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments well.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Be the team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to attend on-call rotation
- Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science or any related fields.
Highly desirable advantages skills:
- Candidate who has MS SQL Server ,Vertica , ORACLE, DB2 , Sybase, Elastic Search or Kafka experience will be considered.
As a part of the database operations team, you will be responsible for administrating MS SQL Server and No-SQL data engine including database monitoring and supporting 24x7 in production.
- Administrating, Proactive and re-active monitoring of 600 database servers (SQL and No-SQL) in order to provide 24 x 7 up time and availability across multiple data centres
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning data engine.
- Deploy database changes and first line database support
- Communicating and reviewing database solutions, technical, applications with Operations Staff and external entities to ensure scalability, integrity and security of database.
This client is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia, and part of the largest online travel company in the world.
PLEASE NOTE AT THIS TIME WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM LOCAL CANDIDATES
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76670799