Due to continued growth and investment, Highways England is looking to recruit a new Communications Manager to join our expanding team in Bedford. The purpose of this role will be to;
Provide the capital investment programmes with dedicated communications and engagement support specific to the regional and/or national programme.
Coordinate and deliver best practice communications and engagement appropriate to the relevant programme.
Ensure that the most appropriate communication solutions are delivered to the highest possible standards and to work with specialist teams, from within Highways England and the supply chain, to deliver where appropriate.
Day to Day:
- Act as internal adviser to senior managers, staff and partners in the supply chain on handling communication and engagement activities and issues within a programme delivery environment.
- Support the senior communications manager with the development and delivery of a regional communications strategy, designed to support the delivery of capital projects in the region, while managing our corporation reputation.
- Oversee the delivery of project communications plans that capture all scheme milestones and support requirements. This includes the provision of templates, checklists and guidance, as well as assurance, editing and proof reading
- Identify project communications risks and hotspots, supporting the project teams to design mitigations, or escalate issues.
- Ensure regional stakeholder planning and tracking tools are kept to-up-date and maintained
- Ensure key stakeholders are identified and regular formal engagement is maintained by project teams. Work with subject matter experts and ensuring all statutory communications requirements are met.
- Coordinating the delivery of project related communications activity across offline and online channels.
- Identify and monitor spending on communications
- Maintain good relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively across organisational boundaries to address challenges and issues, mitigating risks and pursuing opportunities within the agreed communications programmes.
- Actively seek and act on feedback to ensure continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Evaluate communications activity and share learning and best practice to ensure wider rollout as appropriate.
- Demonstrable experience as a communications professional with a good understanding of the wider communication context.
- Specialist communications knowledge and experience, underpinned by relevant professional qualifications or training
- Proven track record of working in a complex environment and leading a team
- Proven track record of managing communications in a programme delivery environment, preferably in large scale infrastructure delivery and/or the development sector.
- Experience in public consultation and managing feedback.
- Evidence of effective stakeholder relationship management, influencing & negotiation skills, and be able to demonstrate effective people management skills
- Evidence of working successfully with senior leaders from within internal and external stakeholder organisations
- Ability to understand the context and implications of technical plans and scheme delivery activities to a sufficient level to enable effective decisions to be taken
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76650462