Finance Manager FP&A
A very high profile and busy role in the AMZL organisation which will allow the successful candidate to strongly influence the direction of the business.
The growth of the business and the increasing complexity driven by new launches and services make this role an exciting, interesting, and very challenging proposition. Expect to get involved in supporting new projects and initiatives, driving performance, and building plans for the future, as well as managing regular reporting, forecasting, and general planning. The role is very broad based and will require an individual who is motivated to make a big impact. You will support the UK AMZL leadership team, reporting to the UK Amazon Logistics Senior Finance Manager. You will own FP&A process in the UK, write business plans, and support many and varied initiatives. As the Finance Manager for FP&A, you will also provide leadership on the right financial controllership to ensure the results of the business are properly recorded and the assets of the business protected.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
Job responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of Business Planning and Forecasting processes for Amazon Logistics UK
- Building and managing the right reporting to support the UK business
- Deliver robust, structured reporting and processes that are well understood and well communicated throughout the organisation.
- Building and owning relationships with wider Amazon group companies and departments. Working with EU and WW colleagues.
- Enhancing the understanding and key levers of the AMZL business across the rest of Amazon.
- Leading and matrix managing finance and other teams in the organisation to deliver high quality plans and analysis.
- Expected to be a self starter who is able to make judgments and prioritise effectively
- Communicating well within the team and making sure the organisation meets its Amazon Group and internal deadlines and reporting / planning expectations.
- Business case analysis of new programs and services
- Working in conjunction with other in country and worldwide FP&A teams to drive best practice and consistent processes.
- Supporting internal customer groups in all finance and accounting matters including budgeting, forecasting, expense tracking and control.
- Identifying and communicating issues to senior management as well as regular reporting
· Demonstrable relevant finance/accounting experience
· Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by writing project documentation, Quarterly Review reports etc
· Experience in logistics would be helpful. Experience in working in a fast-paced growth environment is essential.
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
· Advanced Excel user
· Strong leadership capability
Basic Qualifications · Experience in finance and accounting
· Degree in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative area or other degree with equivalent experience.
· CIMA or ACCA qualification
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
· Understanding of finance issues in an operational environment of rapid growth
· Expertise with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Industry experience in e-commerce, distribution, retail, or any other state of the art Supply Chain/Logistics industrial company
· Demonstrated experience of successfully driving complex, milestone driven projects and carrying out changes across multi-country entities.
· Ability to travel – 50% of time will be spent in facilities outside of the regional office
· Ability to think both analytically and strategically – to go beyond the numbers and to think logically about underlying business issues.
· Strong PC modeling skills including advanced proficiency in MS Excel
Preferred Qualifications · Familiarity with operational controllership - forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics
· MBA preferred
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.