The role will work closely with business managers to assess the risks and associated controls within their business areas, as well as providing a consolidated view of risk through to the Executive Risk Committee.
Basic salary is between £45,000 and £50,000, dependent on experience.
• Manage the delivery of the Group Risk framework within business units.
• Ensure that all areas have a Risk Control Self-Assessment framework in place covering operational and conduct risks.
• Provide hands on support to business areas to ensure they have in place appropriate risk assessments, control assessments and action plans
• Provide control recommendations to business areas so that risks are managed effectively.
• Co-ordinate policy reviews/updates and compliance assessments.
• Support the business areas in producing appropriate policy documentation
• Manage the incident escalation and loss reporting from business areas.
• Complete targeted risk reviews of high risk areas as.
• Take responsibility for risk initiatives and activities as assigned.
• Coordinate the delivery of awareness programmes to further business understanding of conduct excellence and risk management.
• Keep up to date with relevant regulation
• Maintain procedures and records which meet business and regulatory requirements
• Previous Risk Management experience within financial services preferably with retail lending experience.
• Ability to identify and assess the adequacy of controls frameworks and make appropriate control recommendations.
• Ability to assess risks that may arise and the impacts to the business and find solutions that will work with business stakeholders
• Ability to constructively challenge where appropriate, including senior levels.
• Excellent interpersonal, team-working and communication skills (both oral and written)
• Effective problem-solving and influencing skills
• Ability to cope with pressure and responsibility
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76659356